Driver CPC is a Certificate of Professional Competence issued to bus and truck drivers.
It was first introduced across the EU in 2008 for professional bus drivers and in 2009 for professional truck drivers.
Professional drivers fall into two categories from a Driver CPC Training perspective:
- Drivers who were already working in as professional drivers when the scheme was put in place
- Drivers who are new to the profession
To keep your Driver CPC Training up to date, you must then do 35 hours of periodic training over the next five years. Training is on a one-day-per-year basis. Each day must consist of seven hours.
Periodic Driver CPC Training is compulsory and is designed to help you be:
- A safer and socially responsible professional driver
- More environmentally aware and cost conscious
- Physically healthier
Driver CPC Training Course content:
There are six training modules in total. Each module lasting seven hours, with additional reading material to cover specific areas.
- Control of the vehicle and eco-driving techniques
- Minimising risks and managing emergencies in the transport industry
- Health and safety for the professional driver
- Role of the professional driver in the transport industry
- The professional truck driver
- The professional bus drive
The Driver CPC Portal – ‘My CPC’
Drivers can now view their own Driver CPC Training Record with ‘My CPC’. This is facilitated through the Road Safety Authority.
How do I access My CPC?
Firstly, you must either have already undergone Driver CPC periodic refresher training with an RSA approved CPC Trainer, or recently passed your four Driver CPC tests;
- To view your Driver CPC Training Records, click on MY CPC
- You will then need to register using your driver number, email address and date of birth
For more information on Driver CPC Training click here to visit the RSA webpage
To book a Driver CPC course through our preferred training organisation click here